1) Putting on my tallis (my late father's tallis is my weekday davvenen tent of meeting)
2) Laying tefillin
3) Lighting a candle and taking a few moments in hitbodedut
4) Sitting next to the window that overlooks my garden
5) Listening to Reb Zalman teach about Psalm 23 (it's always good to hear Reb Zalman's laugh to start the day)
5) Listening to Bobby McFerrin's setting for Psalm 23
With eyes closed, I sit in silence - bathing in the sunlight streaming through my window, bathed in the miracle that is McFerrin's inspired gift. With tears streaming down my face, I am ready to face the day.